FORTUS Operator Training
The Insight 9.0/FORTUS training class is a 2 day course consisting of 1 -1/2 day of Insight training. The class starts with a slide presentation going over all the main features of the software. The students are then shown how to use every aspect of the software by watching and performing various tutorials. There is a training checklist for each student and a teacher sign off on each skill accomplishment. Depending on the needs of the students, the subjects of the tutorials can be varied. Typical of the subjects covered in the course are:
- Introduction to the STL file format.
- Prioritizing build objectives and selection of part build orientation.
- Processing parts to generate tool paths.
- Using advanced tool path and group functions.
- Using model support options and post tool path generation modification.
- Editing slice files.
- Presentation of time saving techniques.
- Managing multipart builds, scheduling, e-mail build status notification and build history via the Control Center software.
Once the Insight training has concluded the machine training begins. There will be a machine overview slide presentation to start. The students will then be trained in user operations of the machine.
- Training on system key pad functions and menus.
- Cleaning and maintenance of the machine.
- How to select, open, load and store canister build materials.
- Changing extrusion tips for set up of different materials and z-steps.
- Machine calibration.
After the machine training the students will be shown finishing techniques including.
- Support removal.
- Clean station operation and maintenance.
- Part finishing.