Q: How Do I install the latest version of SolidWorks on my computer if I have never installed SolidWorks before?
1) Make sure you have administrative privileges on your machine
2) Ensure that you temporarily disable any antivirus, anti-spyware, or anti-malware software, and ensure that it does not start up again when the system is rebooted:
This opens the Services Window. Scroll to find the services pertaining to your anti-virus software.
Take note of the Status and Startup Type settings of the services before you make any changes.
Right-click to stop the anti-virus service, (in the case below, it’s Symantec), then right-click to select Properties
3) Browse to the folder to which you downloaded SolidWorks. Click the setup.exe file:
5) Click the checkbox to enter the serial numbers for any products you wish to install. (Hint: you can copy the entire serial number from one window and paste it into the first cell, and all cells will be filled in appropriately.)
If you get a notification that there is a newer version available, do NOT download it now. If you choose to install the newer version, cancel this installation and download it separately. Otherwise, click “No, I’d like to continue installing…”. Click Next
The default location is C:SolidWorks Data. In the Current Folder field, type to append the version number, (in this case: 2011).
9) Now is your opportunity to tell SolidWorks about your installation experience. If you have feedback, they want to hear it! SolidWorks is here for YOU! So keep the “Tell us how we can improve your installation experience” box checked and you will be directed to an online survey.
The SolidWorks Customer Experience Program gathers information regardless of whether you participate in the program or not. This option allows you to select whether you want to send that gathered information to SolidWorks Corporation. SolidWorks performance will not be affected, so if you have a permanent internet connection, we suggest participating. (We do!)