SOLIDWORKS Inspection is a First Article Inspection (FAI) and in-process inspection software that automates the creation of ballooned inspection drawings and reports (AS9102, PPAP, etc.).
SOLIDWORKS Inspection enables users to leverage their legacy data regardless of whether they have SOLIDWORKS files, PDFs, or TIFFs., by offering a stand-alone application and a SOLIDWORKS add-in.
With its simplicity and intuitive usability, SOLIDWORKS Inspection can reduce the time needed to create inspection documentation by up to 90 percent, and helps to virtually eliminate input errors, thus improving quality and reducing time-to-market.
SOLIDWORKS Inspection Professional extends capabilities by giving users multiple ways to enter measured values directly into the project to help simplify part inspection. Each characteristic value can be entered manually, by using a digital caliper, or by importing coordinate measuring machine (CMM) results.
What SOLIDWORKS Inspection can do:
- Create inspection reports and ballooned drawings in minutes.
- Work with or without SOLIDWORKS CAD.
- Instruct Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to identify normal dimension, plus and minus tolerance, and type of dimension.
- Avoid errors and quickly identify changes with advanced drawing comparison tool for easy revisions.
- Customize power report formats to allow users to create industry standard reports and drawings.
- Inspect parts, directly type in measured values, use a digital caliper, or import results from a coordinate measuring machine (CMM)